Tuesday 18 December 2007

Better than last year .....

Peace on Earth

Heaven on earth
We need it now.
I'm sick of all of this ..
hangin' around.

Sick of sorrow
Sick of the pain
Sick of hearing
Again and again

That there's gonna be
Peace on earth.

Where I grew up
There weren't many trees.
Where there was we'd tear them down
And use them on out enemies.

They say that what you mock
Will surely overtake you
And you become a monster
So the monster will not break you.

And it's already gone too far
You said that if you go in hard,
You won't get hurt.

Jesus can you take the time
To throw a drowning man a line
Peace on earth

We hear it every Christmas time
Where hope and history won't rhyme,
so what's it worth?

This peace on earth.

-Bono, U2


Three more sleeps till my 18 week scan - I'm a bit worried (no, really!!!) ... because since yesterday I have been getting really strong pains directly in my tummy, so strong that they have been taking my breath away. F*ck I hope everything is ok in there, I'm hoping it's just pains from my uterus growing, or something??

I asked Mr TC to buy some Christmas cards - he comes home with a pack of 24 cards, all with the same picture on it. It's santa flying on his sleigh, dressed in a black teddy with matching black stockings, suspenders, and stilettos saying "What the hell. No-one ever sees me." I sure did marry one classy guy, huh? (Obviously, I can't post them to ANYONE.) Tiger spied them, laughing and shouting out "Dad. DAD ... is Santa a girl???"

7 comments:

May said...

Maybe round ligament pains? I was starting to get some ouchy ones by 18 weeks. I hope you have a wonderful holiday!

-M

ColourYourWorld said...

The cards made me laugh !
Have a great Christmas and holiday.

OHN said...

My cards have a Santa bent over with his butt crack showing...now THAT'S class :)

AwkwardMoments said...

i am very glad that this christmas is much better than last. as for botox YOU GO GIRL!

Geohde said...

Kinky santa, eh??

I knew it!
Seconding May above about the pains.

I'm going to have to figure out how to steal internet access to find out how the big scan goes....

xx

J

ultimatejourney said...

Hooray for a very happy Christmas. Good luck with the u/s!

Gemini Girl said...

ok- you better send me one of those cards!!!!!!!