Thursday, 29 November 2007

The Day That I Can't Wait to be Over

That was as putrid as I expected. There's something so, so wrong about having a needle puncture the amniotic sac. Thank Christ it's done. I feel relieved already. I paid $125 to get my results fastracked, which takes 2 days. Of course, they don't work weekends so I'll find out on Monday. Mr TC has seriously pissed me off today - he couldn't come with me, so my friend came. Which I didn't mind, because she had her amnio done last year by the same doctor. I squeezed her hand so tightly. When the needle was put in, I freaked and held my breath; she was so soothing saying "Breathe mate, remember to breathe." He took a few goes to get the fluid, so he dug around a bit. I was just praying, please please let this be over with soon. Finally he got the 30ml, and it was over.

I have a few twinges and slight cramps, but they said to expect that. I looked at the vials - looks exactly like piss. Which is exactly what it is! I just need to take it easy for the next few days, especially the rest of today. I tried to call Mr TC straight after it - and he didn't answer his phone! When I finally got through, he was driving so sounded distracted and couldn't talk properly! Sometimes he just has no idea. Wanker. He is now under NO illusion of exactly how unhappy I am with him.

So now, I'm praying that I don't miscarry. I just want that little needle hole to seal off. It was AMAZING seeing the baby on the screen today. I still, fifteen weeks exactly, can't believe there's a baby in there. My husband had sperm! The baby was punching and kicking like crazy! The doc gave me 3d images too, I'll scan them in tomorrow.

I just want to be pregnant and ENJOY it. The past two weeks have taken so much from me. I pray to God that I get the all clear on Monday too. I can't fathom the thought of making that terrible decision at this late stage if there's something wrong. My lovely big sisters are bloody brilliant at supporting me through this whole thing. Rex actually had a high risk nuchal result and had an amnio 2 years ago, so she knows exactly what it's been like. Except she had to wait 6 weeks!

Lastly, I have finally decided to give the baby a nickname. It's funny - I could easily put tickers up when it was barely a bunch of cells, but thought I would be jinxing myself to name it. Well, I don't want to keep calling it "it", and we are trying not to find out the sex. (But - do you think it's bad if I found out and didn't tell anyone - not even Mr TC? He has a big mouth). For now, I'll call the bub Monkey. I'm hoping with my whole heart that I get to meet Monkey sometime next May.

I'm off. I made pumpkin soup (this morning) for dinner, to be followed by a massive block of chocolate. Which I will share with Tiger, but hide from Mr TC when he gets home.


Geohde said...

Mz Topcat, I'm truly sorry you had to go through that, it sounds pretty damn unpleasant.

Here hoping really HARD that the numbers come back with two copies of ch 21 and you can relax and enjoy being pregnant, at long last,



Von said...

You've been in my mind all day.
If it's any comfort to you, Mr Von never came to any appointments unless he was physically needed.....
After my last retrevial, the moment he saw I was still alive he disappeared off to play cricket, leaving me passed out and puking in a taxi for the 45 minute drive home......
I just know your results on Monday will be fine.

Mony said...

I'm glad it's over darling.
I'm certain everything will be fine. You have been very brave.

AND we paid $250.00 to fast track our results! Effing bastards. As if you aren't going to fast track....they can charge what the hell they like. Makes me seethe when I think back to the unnecessary bullshit the NT can harvest.

Amanda said...

I'm glad that the procedure went smoothly and I can't wait for you to get your "all is great" results! Hopefully at that time you'll fully be able to finally enjoy your pregnancy.


(and I'd hide the chocolate and make him make his own damn soup!)

Fertilize Me said...

phew it's OVER..i was holding my breathe until it was all over. I am very glad that a friend was able to go with you ..UGH mr TC!!! You eat all that chocolate you want.. thinking happy happy thoughts for you and monkey

Stacie said...

I am so glad that the amnio is finally over! I agree that it wasn't pleasant. With twins, they do the needle twice! I almost crapped my pants when he said that! Plus, the fast track charge of $250 was times two!

I am starting to think that it all is a total scam...they scare us to death with high risk nonsense, make us feel like we have to do the amnio, and then charge us extra to get info to calm us down!

I am praying that the results on Monday say that your little bean is perfectly healthy. Until then, I am sending love and hugs to help get you through.

OHN said...

It really pisses me off when I have to pay extra for something to get it faster...they are doing the same stuff, why can't they do them all faster and just charge the regular..sorry, pet peeve of mine.

I think little Monkey will be fine. I hope you can relax some over the weekend and not stress yourself out too much...but hey, you have chocolate!

anna said...

Thank goodness you made it through that o.k. I too was thinking of you. I'm hoping and praying that the next few days bring nothing but good news...hang in there, little Monkey!

Dee said...

So glad to hear that it's all over but the waiting (the hardest part). Go easy on yourself for a couple of days, you know--lots of couch time with chocolate and foot rubs (Mr. TC can redeem himself slightly)...ah yes, seems you've got the chocolate part covered, attagirl.

May the next 2 days fly by with a lovely "normal" result at its end. Monday will be here before you know it.

Gemini Girl said...

enjoy that chocolate while you can- I am now paying for the milkshakes that I drank while pregnant (paying with my fat ass that is)!

hope the days pass quickly for you r in my thoughts!