Thursday, 6 March 2008

My husband is SO loving ...

Upon inspecting my grocery shopping items last night, Mr TC comes into the laundry where I was squatting, sorting the whites from the colours.

Mr TC: "Hon, I just have one criticism for you."
Me: (Instantly annoyed) "Fire away."
Mr TC: "Can we not buy pre-packaged sliced mushrooms? Fresh mushrooms are much better."
Me: "Are you serious? Who is the prick that makes dinner every night?? Who? Who is the prick that does that - oh wait ME!! There is no freaking difference between sliced and unsliced freaking mushrooms!!"

Right then, Monkey somersaulted so suddenly that I overbalanced. Mr TC, thinking it hilarious, knelt over. To help me up, perhaps? No, of course not! He leant over, addressing Monkey says "Kick. Her. Hard." And walked off.

----------

I'm going away tomorrow, meeting up with my girlfriends from Sydney and staying at a motel, for a big womens AA convention. There will be massages, manicures, non-stop meetings, and much chocolate. I NEVER go away by myself, I'm so excited. Can't wait to chill the fuck out with my homies, without a care in the world.

xoxoxo

8 comments:

Fertilized said...

that's it - I am willing monkey to always spit up on Mr TC. Have a great relaxing trip

Gemini Girl said...

have a nice, relaxing trip! enojy this time by yourself- bec you know you wont have any alone time for a LONG TIME!

Wordgirl said...

I had to laugh at MrTC -- it sounds like he and G would get along swimmingly.

I hope you have a great time! I am tremendously jealous...well and that you live in Australia -- that I'm jealous of as well...did I mention it was ...what's the conversion... -11 degrees Celsius here? Good times, good times.

Angie said...

I'm sorry, but I laughed. :-) Hope you have a wonderful trip, sounds fabulous! I'm friggin jealous!

SaraS-P said...

My husband also has yet to learn not to criticize the shopping choices of the person who does the cooking!

Geohde said...

I'm sorry for any offence caused but I think Mr TC was pretty funny there :)

My husband has been taught by repeated painful lessons not to whine about the things that magically make their way into the cupboard courtesy of yours truly....

J

A said...

I hope your trip went well! I'm with Farah, I wish Monkey to spit up on Mr. TC repeatedly! :-)

Seriously? "Fresh"...as in not-sliced? What the...sliced are fine!

Stacie said...

Well, how did the trip go? Hope you had an excellent time!

I have to admit that I giggled, too. :-)