Tuesday 29 May 2007

Ready, Set, GO

I hardly watch tv now I have discovered blogs. Who knew? I see the RE again next week. To sign consent forms, get BCP prescription, look at a bowel gas ultrasound .... I hope I can start SOON!!! AF is due on the 16th June. Bring it on!

I feel anxious, excited, and impatient about starting ivf. It's so DELIBERATE, isn't it. No "oops" involved. I'm in awe of the procedures available. Worried about the shots, and how cranky I may get. I have vowed to myself to keep my "cranky symptoms" to myself, as Mr TC is concerned at how shitty I might be.

Slowly but steadily over the past three years, my pregnancy/baby radar has grown stronger. Bellies, babies, everywhere. The yearning, aching, deep, deepest desire. I don't believe I've wanted anything more. And I just realised yesterday that I don't want everyone to know because it's just PRIVATE. I don't feel ashamed, but if I go through all of this with no baby at the end, well .... I just don't want people to know. I told one of my sisters yesterday - the first person I have opened up to about it. Her youngest just turned 2 - she was so sweet, saying I could have her cot, pram, clothes, etc. omygodthatwouldbesocoolpleasepleaseplease

2 comments:

Mony said...

One of the few times you actually WANT AF to begin!
IVF here you come! Hope we can help you through the process...

Gemini Girl said...

I agree with Mony- I remember when I got my period before IVF, it was truly the first time in my entire life that I was happy to see it.

As for the shots/crankiness, it'll be ok. I did get cranky and bloated. My husband was not too happy about the bitchiness but he knew it was for a good cause!