So, back home. Had a fantastic time away, I caught up with both of my sisters which was great. I wish we lived closer. The nicknames I gave them last year is Tee and Rex, as in T-Rex. This is because they have pathetic little dinosaur hands. (They are ALWAYS bagging my big manhands out). Watching Tee the other day in her kitchen, feebly struggling to drain her heavy saucepan, I was pissing myself laughing at her. Of course, I didn't offer to help, because I was in such a *delicate* state, heh heh. Didn't I milk that for all it was worth. Speaking of which .... well, I just don't know. Even if I DO POAS today, I won't know officially until next week. Plus, Mr TC really doesn't want me to. So .... the waiting continues. I'm quite worried about Mr TC, he's not himself lately and seems a bit depressed. He's usually such a big tough guy. I'm scared that it's because of the IVF - and that what could be an amazingly fantastic result for me .... is not so much for him. I wish we were on the same page. I wish he wanted this as much as I do. Feels like one of us is going to be disappointed! I hate that!
Anyway, here - with a distinctive Aussie flavour, are my Rockin Girl Blogger Awards:
- Von at Murphy is a Bastard. I heart Von. The mind of a rebel and the soul of a poet, Von has been on the fucked-up IF journey for too long - and still has the grace to advise and help me, an annoying newbie who threatened to sink like a sack'o'shit at any slightly bad news. As Von enters an FET this week, I have asked the Universe that she gets her dream. It's funny to care about people we've never met, isn't it?
- Maya at Gemini Girl. GG is preggers with twins, hoorah! I love hearing about her escapades in New York, as she negotiates crappy bathrooms, people who won't give up their seats on the subway, and a growing belly.
- Vee at the Sweet Life. Sydney girl Vee has shown grace and courage with all she has gone through this year. She and Max will make wonderful parents one day. Vee is also an amazing illustrator - check out Vee's Imagination.
- Mony from Mrs Negative. Not a whisper of complaint about her pregnancy, Mony and Hef have handled their hurdles beautifully, and with humour. Once I mustered the bravery to comment on her blog - and she commented back! She was a real live person! Mony is very popular - but always shares herself around in equal parts. She just rocks.
- I'm also not being sexist and nominating two guys ... Trevor at Triplets, or Oh My God We're Outnumbered! Trevor and his wife Breda have triplets - and they seem like pretty cool people ... all five of them. Trevor blogs with humour and gratitude - can't go wrong. Frank N Beans from Fertile Frank is one very, very funny guy. Swing past and offer your support - he and his wife are about to commence IVF for the first time.